TRY OUT CLEOPATRA'S BEAUTY REGIME, THIS RAMADAN!
Did you know, that Cleopatra, the Queen of Ancient Egypt used to bathe in honey and milk? Part of her beauty regime was to dissolve half a cup of honey in warm milk – but not too warm! Having too hot milk in the bath would prevent the nutrients from being released into the skin, which in turn would prevent the beautiful glow that Cleopatra would achieve with this beauty regime! The luminous glow would devour her skin, after she bathed in this mixture for at least 20 minutes – what a treat!
bakhoor, arabian oud, arabic perfume uk, oud perfume uk, arabian oud perfume
But her beauty regime didn’t stop there – she also used the prized frankincense and myrrh as perfume, alongside her sweet concoction of milk and honey. But what was the effect of the frankincense and myrrh? Well, these scents apparently were used to lure and seduce men, getting them to give into her charms!
attar perfume uk, oud perfume for women, pure oud oil uk, oud perfume oil, agarwood fragrance oil
Want to know the exact regime? It’s all yours!
oud wood fragrances, oud wood perfume, arabian perfume oil uk
CLEOPATRA’S BATHING REGIME:
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup (240ml) of whole milk
- 1/4 cup (40g) of any good quality honey
- 5 drops of Oud oil, or frankincense oil
How to create it:
- Pour the warmed milk into a small jar.
- Add the honey
- Close the lid and shake really well to mix the two ingredients together. You may need to use a spoon to help gather any honey that’s settled at the bottom of the jar.
- Run a deep warm bath. Ensure that the water of the bath is not too hot, as boiling water can destroy the nutrients in the milk
- Whilst the bath is running, pour in the milk and honey mixture and disperse the mixture into the water
- Add 5 drops of Oud perfume oil or frankincense oil (essential oils can be used). Enjoy the scented bliss for 10-20 mins
- Wash yourself with clear running water, and use our Myrrh soap (Can be found HERE), to work up a beautifully scented lather! You can use any of the soaps from our Hammam Soap Set, to create the Cleopatra effect!
- Once out of the bath, sprits yourself with our wonderful Bakhoor perfume
Ravish in the scented goodness! Until next time, happy bathing, Cleopatra-ites!